Friday, March 28, 2008

Cherry blossom time.

It’s that time of the year in DC where everyone wants to come and look at a bunch of trees flowering. It only lasts for about a week so we feel fortunate that Dave’s mother will be here for them this year all the way from the UK. She gets here tomorrow afternoon and Sunday morning early they will be going to go see the cherry blossoms at the tidal basin. I say they because I plan on sleeping a bit late because we have a birthday party to go to the night before and we all know how that usually turns out. I will get up in time to make brunch for about 10 people.

It was an interesting week. I ran four times, wanted to run today but just didn’t have the time as you’ll understand in a bit. Wednesday I had to go out to Ashburn Va. (aka…ASS–BURN) for work. We finally got the load balancer up and running from a big project I have been working on. That night we go to dinner with a friend of ours who is visiting from San Francisco. We have a good meal at Makatto and then decide that going to Halo is in order. Well, it being a school night, going to Halo is never a good idea on a week night. They have two for one drinks all night and they are HALO sized drinks. We go in and run into our downstairs neighbor and his friend. Well it got messy after that, I do remember having my hands down a couple of people’s trousers. My oh my. We got home around 12ish. I’m usually in bed by around 10. The most amazing thing about all this is that I actually got up and ran the next day. Mind you, it was only a three mile run and not the usual five mile one but I still did it.

So what do we do the next night? Well it wasn’t halo but it was another local gay hangout that just happens to be very “On” on Thursday nights. Duplex Dinner, decent food but nothing to write home about and great drinks which is something to write home about. And hot, hot guys everywhere you turn. We meet our friends Rob and Carlos there for dinner at seven. We end of leaving at eleven and I insisted on taking a cab home because I wasn’t walking home in that condition.

I got up this morning and just couldn’t run, I was too tired. I did show up at work a little bit late this morning. I wonder why? I did do a full body workout so I’m all pumped now.

Dave and I decided that tonight we will go to Whole Foods for sushi and then go the theater to see the History Boys and maybe have a glass of wine there. We want to get up and work out tomorrow morning and then we pick up Dave’s mom at the airport in the afternoon  and then Rick’s birthday party that night. So far a very full weekend and all I really want to do is sleep. LOL.

1 comment:

Andy said...

Hey, I'm one of those people the love city in spring! And will americans understand the History Boys? It's such a british thing.